My car is all ice - can't wait to start scraping...I was up at 4:50 am checking the weather and office closings this morning. It was icing (had been all night) and I was rather concerned that I might not make the 40 miles into Harrisburg for work... even though another carpooler would be driving for me in his 4-wheel drive Trail Blazer. It took me a whole hour to decide NOT to go. And I am very thankful I didn't... at 7 am they closed all offices in the Capitol Complex. yay! I stayed home and didn't even have to use a personal day =) If I had gone I would have had to work all day by myself since my carpooler doesn't work in the complex and therefore didn't have off.
Thanks to Bill for allowing me to wake him up before 6 and have him help me make the decision. Hey, I got to wish him a happy Valentine's Day before anyone else!
We don't have tons of snow (maybe 6 inches total from the storm?), but the ice/snow combo has made things interesting. Dad went out to check the roads for Mom since she has to work tonight - he got stuck twice and had to walk home to get Daniel and Joel for help. Hopefully Mom can find someone to work for her - looks like we'll be stuck here for at least the day.
First real storm of the winter. Glad it's waited this long in coming.
Bill's home, too, because of the weather. Too bad we can't be together on Valentine's day.
Dad said not to try driving yet. I really wanted to get my laundry done at least (I do that at my parent's).
I'm by myself today. Thus, the long post.


2 comments:
Hey Jeanette...sounds like you had a cozy day...I was working. We have lots of snow, V-day still went on at a flower shop I guess. Daniel was out snow-plowing all day..so much for Romantic Valentines!!! =)
Hey Jeanette, Just like a flower shop... a hospital stops for no-man/woman:) so I dug my car out and head off to work... believe it or not, the worst roads were near Cdga not Rochester. So far this year I've only slidden off the road 1 so far!! Yeah!
Post a Comment