Tuesday, March 11, 2008

6 Month Anniversary/Valentine's Date

Bill and I were finally able to celebrate Valentine’s Day and our 6 month anniversary! I brought my camera but didn’t think to get any pictures. The weather was bad so I didn’t think we would go but Bill isn’t bothered by bad weather so we went anyway. We went to Johnstown and had dinner at Red Lobster. We had a gift card and I had never been and wanted to try it out. The only thing on the menu I could eat was chicken fingers. Bill couldn’t believe I’d go to Red Lobster and get chicken fingers but I am NOT a seafood person. I was hoping they would have more chicken options I could handle. Bill ended up with something like Tilapia stuffed with crab stuffing and lobster on top. I wouldn’t try a bite… he was disappointed.

After dinner Bill took me to the Johnstown Symphony. I love the symphony and I think it’s great that he does too. How many guys would consistently take their wives to the symphony? It was very good (Easter-Spring Theme) except I was exhausted and ended up sleeping through the last part.

The weather was even worse as we were driving home – we went through three whiteouts. Not something I care to experience again…how does one drive when one can’t see?


Anyhow, we had a great time and I was glad to finally be able to go on a date again!

3 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Jeanette, it would have been chicken for me too!!!! I am not a fish eater - unless it is Long John Silvers (I know - awfully unhealthy). Your date sounds great!! Happy 6 month anniversary!!!

Julie

Springer Family said...

That's so funny!! I HATE fish but Love Red Lobster's chicken!! Jonathan too, thinks that crazy!!

Kayla said...

I had to laugh about Bill feeling bad that you wouldn't even try a bite. Jordan actually "tried" once to eat a bite of salad just for my sake and after almost losing his supper,(literally) I decided never to try getting him to eat it again!
Sounds like you had fun!