Friday, April 17, 2009

Florida!

On March 18th, Bill and I got up at 2:45 am (yikes!) and headed to the Pittsburgh airport, and from there to West Palm Beach, FL. The purpose of this trip was to enjoy a much needed vacation and to visit my grandparents who live too far away for frequent visits. We arrived around 2pm and had an early dinner Grandma made for us. We went to bed around 4:00 pm and Bill slept until 6am the next morning (I checked a few times to make sure he was still breathing). After our long night of rest we were up early and headed to Epcot in Orlando. The below pics are of the beautiful day we had there… the weather was perfect so we stayed for 11 hours. A lot of my photos are of the landscaping/flowers. Someday when I am rich this is how my lawn is going to look. I've also included a bunch of other miscellaneous items, but I'm not good getting them in order.


Our rental deal. Not my style, but fun for a week.



Epcot fireworks at the end of the day.























An awesome Mexican group






I could hardly watch this guy.


































We were able to meet up at church with my great aunt and uncle (Grandma Lum's sister).

It's been years and was great to see them again.













A good reason to visit FL...




Me and my best friend whom I was with 24/7 for a week. That hasn't happened since our honeymoon, so I missed him again when we returned home.




Our last night in FL we met up with a friend, grabbed some ice cream, and headed for this beautiful spot in Stuart.



A boat trip around West Palm Beach Island... Bill even got to drive.


Some of the beautiful homes and resorts on the island...





This home was owned by Jeff Gordon, but now by his ex-wife. I love the flowers!


This yacht belongs to Bill Gates' Microsoft co-founder. It costs $2300/day to dock.



Grandpa and Grandma Heckman



We visited the turtle rescue place and got to see one getting a bath.





The ocean was like this most of the time we were there. Very windy, cold and dark.



Landscaping Ideas on Jupiter Island






We couldn't pack everything so Bill made his own beach chair.


Reading "90 Minutes in Heaven"... he highly recommends this book.



Goodbye FL, until next time...

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Awesome pics! I wanna go!

Springer Family said...

Hey -- great pictures!! I'm looking forward to being there again in May! =)

Anonymous said...

I was just down in Orlando in January visiting Shaylynn! Beautiful area:) Had a ball at the Magic Kingdom & Epcot Center:)
Cheers, Steph McKeown