Sunday, August 12, 2007

3 Weeks And I Will Be On My HONEYMOON!!!

Three weeks from today and all of my wedding planning, stressing, running around town, packing, making phone calls and emailing will be a thing of the past and I will be MARRIED and on my HONEYMOON. It is very exciting (as well as scary and nerve wracking...) for me to think about all of the changes that will be happening in the next 3 weeks. I will no longer be employed by the PA Transportation Comptroller's Office, I will be moving and living in a different part of the state, I will be a daughter-in-law, I will be a WIFE and with along with that, most importantly, I will become a responsible, hardworking individual overnight (yeah, right!) meaning I will learn to cook, iron men's clothes, live for someone other than me and pack decent lunches (don't think Bill wants my typical PB&J every day!).

Should I not be as nervous as I am about these changes? I have basically been on my own for close to 5 years (3 of which I lived with someone other than family, but was responsible for myself, and two living completely by myself). I look around my apartment and wonder, "with all of my 'stuff', how on earth am I going to fit in another person's 'stuff'"? At least we will be living in a bigger place. And another thing, how much adjustment does it take to live with someone again... I have my own schedule, is it hard to adjust to doing things on someone elses schedule?

Any advice/comments on the initial adjustment of marriage would be appreciated! Is it as difficult as I'm expecting it to be? Don't get me wrong - I'm excited, happy and ready for the challenge and hope that all goes smoothly, but what should I expect? If you're married and have some ideas... let me know if you get a chance =)

I forgot to mention one other change. You will have to start calling me "Mrs. Wieserman" =) Just kidding, but thought for those of you who didn't know yet, you might be interested in my new name.

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Springer Family said...

I understand what you mean, but you have known each other a long time! I was living on my own when we got married but I didn't notice all the dramatic changes you mentioned. And those first few months we worked different shifts so maybe that helped some too with the 'indepency issue'. Enjoy everything about your wedding day! I wished it away & in a few hours it was over & now I wish I would have paid more attention to some things! I've enjoyed your blog! Keep posting!! ~Renee

Anonymous said...

Hey- I know the feelings!!! But really I don't remember it being very difficult to get adjusted! I think it helps that you really are on cloud 9 for the first few months anyways so I'm sure you and Bill will do fine!!! Just enjoy your wedding to the fullest, it's the day you have been dreaming of forever! - Amanda

Catrena said...

So great to see some "new News" :). Just kidding. Anyway, I'm sure the days are very hectic, and mind boggeling right now. Hang in there, it will all be worth it. Just want to encourage you to treasure every moment of your wedding day. Mine was just a blur, and it's all over so quickly. When it's all said and done, there's no way to go back and do it over again. Enjoy it to the fullest. I lived on my own for several years before we were married too, and for us it really was not that difficult. We were both at the place that we were ready to be married, and the changes and compromises came easy. It will all work out, just be willing to "give". Thanks for the updated photos and news. I really enjoyed them.

Anonymous said...

Don't look at marriage as 50/50. Look at it as your part being 100 percent giving.
I have been married for 16 years. It just keeps getting better. Just remember to always put yourself in his shoes, and do what you would want him to do for you.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Dear Bill & Jeanette,

We just stumbled onto your blog tonight - a day after your wedding!! Shandra called today and told me all about it. Sounds like it was beautiful. It certainly was a perfect day for a wedding! We wish you both the best. Enjoy!! The best years are ahead!!!

Byron & Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came upon your site through people. Many congradulations to you and your hubby. I knew Bill a long long time ago at AWC. I enjoyed learning a little about you from your blog and am glad that you both sound very happy. It's amazing how God leads people together. May He continue to bless you.

Oh and Bill can do dishes pretty good :)