Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Five-Day Vacation

I don't have pictures from the first 3 days of my vacation but I'll list a few brief events:

Friday - Shop for Saturday's picnic, mow lawn, attend Family Night at Yellow Creek State Park. Bill collided with another guy playing football and has been in pain since. This kind of ruined his time off in a way.
Saturday - Had approximately 13-15 people over for a picnic. Mostly these were friends from church but Bill also had a friend come from Brockway and he stayed the night. We played with the new babies, played volleyball and pingpong, and had a fire for S'mores.

Sunday - OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!! Church - Dinner at Bill's parents - Ice cream cake (yay!) - Bill's friend went back to Brockway - An hour nap - Church (made memorable by a large bat swarming the sanctuary just before preaching!! Thankfully it went out a door and we were able to go on with the service) - Yummy snack and a good time after church with our Pastor and his wife - To bed at 1AM. (We are planning to celebrate our anniversary this weekend - pics to come, I'm sure)

Monday - Labor Day - We were given coupons for a $5.99 breakfast buffet at Fire Mountain. Bill wanted to go so we were up early and went with his parents. When we got into town the restaurant was closed (Fire Mountain was apparently open in another town that day). So we ended up at Eat n Park. We stopped at Wal-Mart and were home by 10:30. Bill and I took an hour nap and got up and froze more corn. I then cleaned out all my food cupboards and defrosted my freezer. I know it's probably not kosher to post pics of your cupboards and freezer, but I am proud of myself. And I know my mom will be too...







Bill even made a little stand for me in my one large cabinet. It made it usable and I am thrilled.

Bill's parents came for a picnic and gun shoot...


Obie enjoying attention from Bill's dad.



I told Bill I feel safe now... (he's good!!)


I was getting cold and bit up watching them shoot guns so I went in the house to work on my pile of ironing. Bill came in around 9 and said his parents left for home and did I want to come out for a fire? I said I wanted some S'mores and I'd be out in a bit... all of a sudden I heard lots of noise coming from outside and I looked out the window to see Bill waving for me to come out. I ran downstairs and he said "We have visitors". Since it was dark and late I was like... ????? I soon saw a crowd of people walking through our lawn blowing a trombone and banging pots and pans... and then I knew! Several of our church people had decided to pay us a "visit" to celebrate our anniversary. After the shock we were really touched by the time, thoughtfulness and generosity of each visitor. We enjoyed a nice visit around the fire and goodies that several people helped out with...





Most of the gang...


They also brought lots of grocerices, which we greatly appreciated. A special THANK YOU to all who came out to help make our anniversary an extra special and memorable one!!

Tuesday - The last day of our vacation. We accomplished pretty much nothing this day. It was a big let down from the 4 previous days. Bill slept until noon and then went back to sleep soon after until 5pm. He wasn't feeling so well (obviously). We had dinner and then more anniversary ice cream cake and then a game of frisbie in the front lawn. Fun fun!! I'm getting better!

No comments: